Thursday, March 1, 2012

Home Made Formula

Well we made a HUGE change to Jaxson's diet in hopes that it will help with his asthma.  When I say HUGE I am talking I get funky looks from a lot of people when I tell them what I'm doing. lol!  I'm making Jaxson's formula.... Home made from scratch formula.  No extra crap added in.  No dairy.  No soy.  Completely organic and GOOD for him.  I was skeptic at first BUT I haven't had to give him a nebulizer treatment for 4 days.  I can't tell you how amazing that is.  I was doing Nebulizer treatments every 4-6 hours because his breathing was so bad.  He was struggling to breath more times than not.  It was heart breaking to hear him cough and then cry because breathing and coughing was so painful.  I haven't heard him weeze since the day I changed his diet.  It's been amazing!  So I've decided that for me and for those of you who care I'm going to share with you what I'm doing... How I'm making my own formula.  The formula is made out of Millet, dates, water, and blue green algea.
So this is Millet it's a grain type thing I buy this at Winco for .62 a pound....

 These are the whole pitted dates I get these at Winco and they usually cost around $2 per pound...
 And this is the powered gold that is also known as blue green algea.  But seriously this bottle was $49.
 Because it's in capsules I empty into an old baby food jar to make it easier for me.
 I soak the dates in water until they look like this....
 And then I add everything together in my blender (the millet, dates-with some water that they were soaked in, and water).
 I blend it all up and it looks like this.  It's slightly darker than regular formula.
 AND THEN... each time a make a bottle I lightly dust blue green algea on the top.  

I usually make a batch every other day.  I'm actually starting to cook extra millet just in case I need to make an extra batch.  With him strictly eating formula he goes through a lot more than if he were eating baby food along with it.

I was VERY skeptic that this would be nutritious enough for him but the blue green algea has so many nutrients in it that he's getting everything he needs.  And then I was worried that Jaxson wouldn't eat it... The good news is that HE LOVES it!  For the time being he's on formula only until I can get to my mom's house and make my own baby food... I know I'm going all crazy but it helps.  So in the next little bit we are going to be making changes in our diets as well... my husband doesn't know this (well actually he just read it over my shoulder and said "No we aren't!") but we are... I think it will be good for us.  If you want the details on how to make the formula I'm more than willing to share them.

Jaxson now weighs 30 pounds (which is 125 percentile) and since I can't remember his exact height he's 120 percentile there as well.  I have a friend that zoned him recently and has given me advice on what essential oils to use that will help him.  It's been really helpful and we haven't been to the doctor in over a week.  That is HUGE progress!!!!!!!  I just can't tell you how excited I am that he's doing better and is sleeping through the night again!  Seriously jumping for joy over here people.

Jaxson LOVES riding on the toy my parents got for him for Christmas.  When you bounce up and down it makes noises and he laughs so hard.
And then Cayden gets a hold of my phone and this happens. haha!  Love that boy.  

He's doing so well in school.  We had parent teacher conference today and he is doing amazing.  I never doubted he knew things but I was worried that his social skills would hold him back a little.  He has made HUGE strides and is now helping the younger kids in things that they don't understand that he does. He's such a good kid.  We are very blessed to have him part of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment